Wag School trainers only use force-free, positive reinforcement training methods, which are reward based and the most effective method of teaching all species. Our puppy classes focus on teaching your pup to have good manners and to learn coping skills that will set him/her up to be a confident, friendly pup who can deal with whatever comes their way.
What you’ll learn
You will learn how to teach your pup to sit instead of jumping up, relax on his/her mat, pay attention to you, be calm when required, come when called, walk nicely on lead, accept being handled, lie down and much more, including trick training. All these things will help your pup build confidence and learn that you are someone who can be relied upon in all situations.
You will also learn about puppy behaviour – why your pup does things like biting, chewing, digging, jumping up and barking – and how to deal with them so they don’t develop into problem behaviours. We will help you with toilet training, grooming, how to keep your pup occupied so he/she doesn’t get into mischief, especially when home alone, how to recognise appropriate puppy play and great games to teach your pup.
Our course is 4 x 1 hour sessions over 4 consecutive weeks. So if you have a pup aged from 8-16 weeks who has had at least their first vaccination, enrol in our puppy class today. And be prepared to have some fun!!
Exercises taught include:
- respond to name / give attention
- lie down
- come when called
- walk nicely on lead
- how to calm your pup
- learn to relax quietly on a mat
- proper socialisation with other pups and people
- gentle handling & grooming
- puppy health care
- environmental enrichment – the right toys for your pup
- appropriate (and inappropriate) games to play with pups
Behavioural issues covered include:
- toilet training
- jumping up
- dog body language – recognising what your pup is telling you
- avoiding behavioural problems
- how to cope with being left home alone
$150.00 per pup. The fee includes:
- 4 x 1 hour lessons
- training manual (PDF)
- behaviour manual (PDF)
- post course assistance, if required